The beta program provides early access to new features and bug fixes in exchange for the promise you will document and report issues and give feedback to help make Drafts better. Do not join the beta program if you are not comfortable with running software that is not well tested and may have bugs or incomplete features or put your data at risk.
- Beta Guidelines (Please Read)
- Join Slack and Forums
- Join the Drafts iOS TestFlight
- Download the Drafts Mac Beta
- Leaving the Beta Program
- READ RELEASE NOTES. The Mac and iOS beta changelogs provide important information about features and bug fixes.
- An active Drafts Pro subscription is required to use Drafts betas. Before downloading beta versions, ensure you have an active Drafts Pro subscription. Pro subscriptions can only be activated in App Store verions of Drafts, so if you find the beta versions have trouble recognizing Pro, revert to App Store versions on the platform (iOS or Mac) which you originally activated the subscription.
- Submit Feedback via the methods below. These methods will automatically include information about the app version, etc., that are helpful for troubleshooting.
- iOS: Use the
Send Feedbacklink in Drafts Settings, or via the
Send Beta Feedbackoption in Apple’s TestFlight app.
- macOS: Select
Help > Send Feedbackin Drafts.
- iOS: Use the
- Check for Updates. When new versions are in active development, new builds come out frequently. On iOS, TestFlight should notify you of updates. On the Mac, the app will check for the availability of new versions daily (and on launch) - or you can check for updates on this page (which can be opened via
Help > What's Newin beta versions).
- If using a beta on one platform, use it on all platforms. For best compatibility, if you run a beta version of Drafts on iOS, also run the current beta on Mac - or vice versa. We try to avoid conflicts, but there are cases where incompatibilities arise.
- Backup Often! Enable Drafts periodic backup features for both drafts and actions.
- BETA Reset: We periodically remove all beta testers from TestFlight. You may need to sign up again after one of these purges.
- Signup for the Agile Tortoise Slack Workspace. Discussion and announcements specific to beta builds and features are conducted in this Slack.
- Signup for Community Forum Account. If you do not already have an account on the Drafts Community Forum, please sign up. Important notices will be sent through the site – although it is generally preferred that beta-related discussions take place in the Slack.
To request access to the Drafts’ TestFlight, use the link below on an iPhone or iPad and follow instructions:
Please read updates notes for new version as they are released in the TestFlight app, or on the iOS beta changelog page.
Only a limited number of spots are available in TestFlight! If you are unable to join, check back in a few weeks and we may have made additional slots available.
To install the Mac beta, download the latest build using the link below, and drag it to the
Application folder, replacing your currently installed version.
- Version 28.2.11, Posted 2021-10-14
- Expiring 2021-10-31
In general, if you no longer wish to participate in the beta, the App Store versions of Drafts can be re-installed by downloading them from the App Store directly over the beta version.