The Drafts editor supports syntax highlighting for a number of common markup languages, including several varieties of Markdown. Syntax can be selected individually on drafts, and a default selected for new drafts.
Current and default syntax are selected in the
Aa appearance settings menu on iOS.
Editor Options & Syntax
Drafts currently ships with the following syntax highlighting options:
- Plain text: When plain text is selected, syntax highlighting is disabled. If you do not use any special markup, consider making this your default syntax for the best performance.
- Markdown: Basic Markdown highlighting for much of the original Markdown specification.
- MultiMarkdown: Basic Markdown plus highlighting for additional markup added by the MultiMarkdown, like footnotes, super/subscript, Critic Markup.
- GitHub Markdown Basic Markdown plus highlighting for additional markup added by the GitHub Flavored extensions, like strikethrough, footnotes.
- Simple List: A simplified version of Markdown syntax with support for lists.
- Taskpaper: Highlighting for Taskpaper markup.